Leaving home


 Robert and Arnie spent a whole day loading the car with clothes, food, camping equipment and so on and I was getting really worried they were going away without me again. But today they put my food in too so it looks like I’m going along for the ride!!! I’m very excited …

Can you figure out which state we’re in from these clues?




We crossed an enormous river and drove for two days to get to this lovely campsite on a lake. 



This is the state Capitol. I don’t know if you can see what’s in front of it but it’s a clue to what made this state wealthy. 



The state was called ‘Indian Territory’ and Native Americans from 5 tribes were forced to move there in the mid 1800s. Then in 1893, a large portion of land that had been set aside for the tribes was opened up to  settlers who raced to stake claims on the land in the ‘Land Run’ that is commemorated by a huge statue in the capital city. 



There is a musical that has the same name as this state. 

Have you figured out which state it is yet?

It’s Oklahoma! 

P.S.  I don’t like it here at all. There is a plant with very thorny burrs mixed in with the grass so every time I step off the pavement or sidewalk, I get prickers in my paws. 








Comments